Monochrome Flat Panel Display
For Automobile applications
Last update: February2002
CFG's E-Look monitor is a monochrome, flat panel display and swivel stand intended for automobile applications such as navigation and telemetry and other similar applications. Available as a standard or OEM unit, E-LOOK has a wide range of functions and options for user friendly operation.
Designed with the requirements of the automobile industry in mind, builders of navigation, telemetry and other car communication systems will save costly development time and effort with this module.
Features include :
- A rotating stand with a wide range of positions allowing the display to be oriented for optimum viewing.
- Easy one-hand mounting or removal of the monitor from the stand.
- User-selectable backlight color
- Integrated microcontroller with temperature and light sensors to manage display contrast and brightness in an automatic and transparent manner thus ensuring optimum viewing at all times.
- RS-232 or RS-485 (optional) buses available for communication with the central unit. Infra-red receptor for user communication functions.
- Matching infra-red remote control unit (separate)
|Type :||FSTN, positive or negative, transflective|
|Resolution :||124 x 68 dots plus 2-pixel wide frame border|
|Active area :||83.05 mm x 45.53 mm|
|View area :||84.5 mm x 46.3 mm|
|Dot size :||0.64 mm x 0.64 mm|
|Pixel pitch :||0.67 mm x 0.67 mm|
|View angle :||12 OClock|
> 10 ; Temperature compensated
|Operating temp. :||-20░ to +75░ C operational
-20░ to +60░ C at full specification
|Storage temp. :||-40░
to +85░ C ;
+90░ C for 1 hour
|Backlight :||10 ▒ 2 cd/m2 at PWM = 100%|
|Red (632 nm) and green (565 nm)
LEDs controlled by microcontroller.
Continuous range of backlight colors may be
selected by mixing the two LED's.
Four predefined intensities controlled by light sensor for night, tunnel or garage, cloudy and sunlight ambient light conditions.
|Contrast :||Typically 10; temperature compensated|
|Microcontroller :||Philips 80C51 family|
|Data Bus :||RS232 (standard) ; RS-485 (optional )|
Two meter twisted 4-pole cable with DB9 connector. (May be extended to 10 m max.)
Also available : 5 m shielded cable with 10-pole modular RJ-45 connector
Other connectors on request
|Protection :||Module protected against short power supply outages of 100 msec durations due to vibrations and shocks.|
|Sensors :||Temperature sensor for LCD contrast compensation, photosensor for ambient light measurement (LUMSEN), infra-red receptor (optional)|
|Module dimensions :||105 mm (W) x 78 mm (H) x 21.6 mm (T)
max. (without stand)
105 mm (W) x 118 mm (H) x 24.6 mm (T)
|Positioning range :||▒ 180░ about vertical z-axis|
|+40░; - 90░ y-axis|
|▒ 40░ x-axis|
|Specifications may be changed without prior notice|
ęCopyright CFG S.A. 1999